Sunday, June 30, 2024

Restarting and Reflecting!

In a recent book I finished, I revisited the effects of social media on mental health. As a result, I decided to close all my remaining social media accounts, except for YouTube, which I don't use as a social media platform. It was a peaceful and quiet few weeks, but I feel the urge to reopen some of my accounts. Therefore, I am reopening this blog page, my LinkedIn account, and the place where I store quotes.

Years ago, I created a Goodreads account and then completely forgot about it. I want to keep a record of the books I've read, and I recently realized Goodreads is the best place for that, so I've started using it again.

I'm also cleaning up my previous writings on this blog site, reverting my past posts into drafts. This habit of revising is one I still can't change. I keep writing in my private blog almost every day, but the results are different from writing on this blog. Now, I'm considering writing and posting here, possibly changing them into drafts later, to create better records for the future.

I noticed a study report on the experiences faced by women journalists were not shared by top voices in the field. It seems it's not part of their agenda or even against it, causing these voices to be ignored. I've read about similar situations in the past, where women claiming to work on women's rights ignored issues that were against their agenda. The world often feels as primitive as the Stone Age in many ways, but people have become better at pretending, communicating, and presenting, making these issues less obvious.

Nevertheless, there are people truly working against injustices, and I should never forget about them. 

These are some of my thoughts this morning.

image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment