Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Altered Traits and Shifting Identities!

These days, I've been remembering a lot about my childhood, but I'm not quite ready to write and share those memories. Maybe one day I will, or maybe I never will. What's interesting is that my inner world has changed remarkably. Now, even when I recall unpleasant things, I don't feel sad. It's like I'm watching a movie of someone else's life, feeling detached from those events.

Many of my memories have become clearer, and I think my regular Vipassana meditation, which acts like mental defragmentation, is working. I'm also remembering things more positively.

I keep thinking about a book I read multiple times long ago, called "Altered Traits." It talks about how our brain structure changes with meditation practices. 

As a young child, I wasn't very shy, but I was sensitive, a bookworm, and not fond of sports or competitions. Later, as a teenager, the unwanted attention I received made me stressed and shy. I believe these reactions can be learned behaviors.

From personality tests and various resources, I’ve labeled myself as an INFJ, a highly sensitive person, and an introvert in my quest to understand myself. However, according to 'Altered Traits,' I may have changed a lot during my bouts of intense meditation practices and might no longer fit these labels.

I sometimes envy people with thick skin who know what they want, act accordingly, and don't drain their energy being around people for long periods. However, I’m also learning to value what I have as gifts rather than curses.

These are just some of my random thoughts this early morning.

image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment