Saturday, July 20, 2024

An Impact on My Life Course!

1988 was a significant year for our country. Mass protests led to political changes, and universities closed for a few years afterward. I sat for my high school examination in 1988 and was actively involved in the protests with a group from our school. I was 16 at that time and celebrated my 16th birthday by protesting all day.

I had never walked like that before. I thought I could make a difference by participating in those activities, and therefore, I tried to do so. Then things changed; people changed. I witnessed all of this and therefore, I was not as active later in my life. 

The closing of universities turned my life upside down and, I can even say, ruined my life. If I had finished high school and had the chance to go directly to a university, I do not think my life would have had as many problems. I was no longer a student and felt like I was nothing but a burden to my family. Even though I tried to help with housework that I did not like or was good at, such as cooking and washing dishes and clothes, I did not feel appreciated.

I tried assisting in my uncle's shop, but I was too shy to sell things. I received a lot of unwanted attention around that time. Every time I went out, a guy followed me, and I was very stressed. People who should have supported and protected me were not available to accompany me anywhere, and they believed everything happened was my fault.

I looked for acceptance from new people, and as a consequence, I got the wrong friends and made wrong decisions. I chose a path I thought was an escape but later realized I was actually jumping into hell. Well, I survived and came out alive after many years. Later in life, I can say things are not that bad because I have faced worse things before.

I don't want to think about it and therefore, I don't want to write about it anymore. It's just a memory of how political changes shaped my life negatively.

image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment