Friday, July 19, 2024

Reflections on the School Band and Paths Unchosen!

After writing the last post, I remembered that I was also in our school band. I cannot recall when it started, but I enjoyed it. As an extracurricular activity, I was in a school dance when I was in Kindergarten, but I was not allowed to participate in any activities after that.

I was selected for a school dance again in the fourth standard, but the dress cost was too much, and my parents did not allow me to participate. In my new school, I was chosen to walk as a sign holder in front of the school's sports teams during a big event, but my parents said no. Then, they allowed me to join the school band, and I joined immediately.

I played the flute and later was selected and trained to become a conductor. However, I did not enjoy the training and stopped participating. I also remember a movie director who visited to our house said I could become an actress. He asked me, "Do you want to become an actress?" My mom said no, explaining that no one could accompany me to the movie shooting, and therefore, anything could happen to me. I am still grateful for her decision. I think I was around 13 at that time.

Between the ages of 13 and 17, I was asked to become a cover model for certain magazines and a model for a famous calendar, but I was not allowed. Today, I realize I would not have enjoyed those experiences, and I am very grateful for not being allowed to do so. I was interested only because I was flattered.

When I was around 33 or 34, a well-known actor asked me to act with him in a music video, but I said no. We met and became friends at a gym, and that's why he asked. I enjoyed writing but not acting, and I was also not comfortable with my appearance being public.

These are some memories that came to my mind this morning.

image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment