Monday, July 22, 2024

Finding Peace in Digital and Emotional Space!

I am realizing that the peace I am feeling inside these days has nothing to do with the outside world. I am feeling peaceful because I am at peace with myself. 

I do have the urge to close all remaining social media accounts, including this page, from time to time, but I am resisting and trying to keep them open. I need to use them in a detached way to contact people or to maintain my writing and recording habits.

Recently, I reopened a Facebook account and immediately deactivated it. The reason for opening it was in case I need to sell my things to move back or move to another place, I need an account there that is not completely new. Some group sites do not accept newly opened accounts to post or write anything. Therefore, I opened it just to use only when necessary.

A friend asked me for my Facebook account even though I told her I am not using any, and she did not seem to believe me. For people addicted to Facebook, they do not believe someone can live without it. I was annoyed, but I do not blame them. Its addictive nature has already changed the brain structure of many people.

Moreover, someone is using my real name as her Facebook account and has been actively using it for years. Even though the spelling is different, people ask me from time to time if that is me. I also needed to explain it was not me even when I was renewing my passport. That’s the reason I add my nickname, derived from my pen name, in brackets whenever I open a social media account with my real name. I think that's all I can do.

There are many things I do not like in this life, but I think I can accept them better than when I was younger. I know I have anger issues to a certain extent, but I am more aware of that emotion and believe I can manage it better. 

When I was a teenager, it was linked to my hormonal cycle, and if I really got angry, I stopped being afraid of anybody or anything. I could break things or snap at anyone around that time, but at other times, I could be very nice and timid. I think I broke at least three of my guitars throughout my life due to my premenstrual syndrome.

Now, if I feel anger inside of me, I talk to myself to pause and breathe and remind myself that I am also not a perfect person. It is just a matter of time, and I know I can feel different within a few hours. 

These are some of the things I am remembering this morning.

image generated with an AI

No comments:

Post a Comment