Sunday, September 22, 2024

Choosing Myself!

I tried to listen to 'Amily Armstrong,' the new member of the Linkin Park band, as my friend thinks she seems 'right' for her. I tried so hard, but I cannot feel the same. Well, not for me, but I’m fine with others liking her. It’s not an obsession over Chester; it's just that I can’t like her, and I need to accept that. It’s just my taste.

Last night, I was so angry with someone I was helping. I’m not sure about her commitment to something I was helping her develop, and finally, I decided to part ways. One day, my good intentions will pay me back with a huge insult, and that's not the kind of reward I want. I’m fine without that, so I decided not to help anyone who doesn’t truly need my help anymore.

Some people who think only about money and success may have gone through similar experiences frequently, and maybe that’s what drives them to focus on things they can actually get. I don’t want to become bitter or be the kind of person who focuses solely on material things, so I need to back off before I get really hurt. You can’t change a person unless they really want to change.

I’ve decided not to find my emotional outlet in helping others who don’t really need my help. For now, the person I need to help is me, and I’m doing my best. I need to rest, take a break, do the things I love, and protect myself from being emotionally and financially abused. Yes, I need to be on my side and take good care of my needs.

I’m playing 'Papercut' by Linkin Park with Chester's voice. It feels just right for me. I’ve loved their first album since it came out, and I’m one of their earliest fans. If things, situations, and people don’t feel right for me, I’ve decided to stop trying. Life is short, and Chester's voice is still alive. I believe half of Linkin Park’s fans are in a similar situation to mine.

Just some thoughts this morning.

Image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment