Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Side Effects!

Last night, I was thinking about when I started to express my emotions too much. I think it started six years ago, and it began after I started my therapy. Maybe this is a side effect of psychological therapy, which encourages expressing emotions. 

Recently, I realized I need to toughen myself up again and return to my usual stoic mood. 

I am also noticing side effects of one of the medicines I have been taking for a few years. Now I can connect my former fatigue to that, and I started to feel better after changing my vitamin supplement which include an element that counteracts its side effects.

I ask myself how I could have been so careless. I knew its side effects, but I did not think they would be this bad. Recently, I reduced the dosage, and the tiredness and pains in my body are almost gone. I cannot reduce my body weight, and I was concerned that removing the medicine might be dangerous, but I am rethinking that.

Now I have new motivation to exercise more and eat less, aiming to cut out that medicine completely. 

I am also considering other areas of my life. Things we assume are good for us may have their own side effects. Being alone is good for a person like me, but being alone too much also comes with its own side effects. Expressing ourselves is beneficial, but doing so excessively has its own side effects. Worrying too much is harmful, but worrying about nothing is also an alarming situation.

I am not sure what negative behaviors and their side effects are impacting my life. I may not know what I do not know. As a human, I can only reflect on myself to a certain extent. 

These are some thoughts that came to my mind this early morning.

image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment