Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Stepping into A New Year of Life!

Yesterday was my birthday.

I got my first birthday wishes from my Google email accounts.

Well, at least it felt good.

Then, I got a message from my phone network.

After that, I saw three birthday wishes from my brother, sister, and a dear friend.

I feel like I have all the love in the world.

Having one person who cares about you is enough, and now I have three, so I should feel like I'm over the moon.

I closed all my social media accounts for certain reasons, but I feel the urge to reopen this one and write again.

The past few months have been really tough for me, and I almost stopped sleeping and eating altogether for a few weeks.

Even with daily meditation practice and regular physical activities, my coping mechanisms were failing.

From time to time, I was near a mental breakdown.

Then, I felt someone hurt my feelings deeply, and as usual, I responded in the opposite way.

I got out of my own misery and started to feel better and see things more clearly.

I was in an unfair situation, but I cared so much about so many things that I didn't even think about getting out.

The new situation woke me up from my "feeling too responsible" mindset and drove me to see the situation as it is.

I am still focusing on silver linings but starting to get in touch with reality and regaining my sense of direction.

I am still in a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation, but I can see the bigger picture now.

One good thing that has come to me is that someone needs my help urgently and helping her is bringing my focus back to what's important in my life.

I still have hopes and dreams, and I know where I want to go.

I know who I want to become in the next five years, and I need to gather all my energy back in that direction.

Today, I have one more year added to my age, and I am embracing it.

I am also embracing all the good and bad experiences coming my way and trying to see everything as a new training I have to go through to prepare for my future.

Yes, age is just a number, and I am still learning, unlearning, and growing.

These are my after-birthday thoughts.

image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment