Saturday, September 7, 2024

Back to Balance!

This morning, I woke up early, thinking about the reasons for burnout.

According to an article in the Harvard Business Review, there are six causes, and workload is not the only one.

A perceived lack of control, fairness, reward, community at work, and value mismatch are other reasons someone can experience burnout.

Sometimes we feel emotional exhaustion rather than physical exhaustion.

Anyway, I feel like I'm regaining both my physical and mental energy to their previous levels.

I rested well last weekend and was amazed by how quickly I could get work done during the weekdays.

Even last Sunday, I had to cancel a lunch appointment because I didn’t have the energy to go and meet someone.

Now, with a fresh state of mind, I find myself feeling bursts of energy from time to time, but I realize this might not be my true physical energy—it's possibly my mental energy.

I’m just trying to replace my negative thoughts with positive ones as much as possible.

A former colleague also informed me that he’ll be coming to the city where I live soon, so now I have two people to meet this month.

My friend told me she will arrive next week, earlier than I expected, and I’m so thrilled to see her again.

It's been at least five years since we last met in person.

I still remember the days when she was a key thread holding together my sanity.

I also recall the times she sat beside me, patiently listening to all the crazy thoughts I shared with her.

We’re not as close as we used to be, but she remains one of my closest friends, and I’m grateful to have her in my life.

These were my thoughts this morning.

Image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment