Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Finding Joy in the Simple Things!

These days, I wake up between 1 and 2 a.m. and am unable to fall back asleep. I’m not sure how long this has been happening, but I’m trying not to take it seriously. 

If I can’t sleep, I just get up and do something. I’ve been trying to sleep early at night, so I still manage about 5 to 6 hours of good sleep. Compared to the time when I could only sleep 3 to 4 hours per night, it’s not so bad.

Yesterday evening, I went and met someone I’ve worked with online for over two years, but we had never met in person before. I felt responsible for taking care of him since he’s not from my city, so I showed him places where he could get good food at relatively cheaper prices.

He said he didn’t know how to find these spots and was happy to learn about them. He was excited to share the information with his friends, and I was happy too. 

I had planned to treat him to dinner, but he was too full to eat, so I gave him a food court card as a present. When I first arrived in the city, I had to figure out a lot on my own, so I’m always happy to help someone in a similar situation.

On my way home, when I got off the train, I saw a beautiful red full moon and was awed by the scene. I took a few pictures, but they don’t compare to the actual sight I witnessed.

Yes, I was happy yesterday. I was productive, connected with a few people, and had a moment of awe. That’s all I need. I’m clearing unhelpful thoughts from my mind and focusing on the present moment and reality.

One inner change I’ve noticed in myself is that my self-esteem is no longer low—it’s pretty high. My sense of worth comes from within, and I no longer need outside reassurance.

Yesterday marked the 200th day of my daily one-hour meditation, and that may have contributed significantly to these inner changes.

Just wanted to note down a few thoughts and memories from this morning.

Image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment