Saturday, October 12, 2024

A Moment of Thrillness!

Yesterday was a very good day. The night before, I could only sleep for one and a half hours, partly due to excitement and partly because I registered for an event late at night, combined with my increased caffeine intake. Even though I couldn’t sleep, I rested and did breathing exercises, which helped me feel refreshed.

In the morning, I needed to take back an important document, so I tried to leave home around 7:30 AM, but I ended up leaving closer to 8:00 AM. The skytrain was already crowded by 7:30 AM, and by 8:00 AM, it was fully packed.

I had to get off after nine stations and transfer to the MRT, which is an underground route. It took five more stations to reach my destination. I’m starting to get familiar with the MRT and feel very comfortable using it—it saves me both time and money.

When I took back the document, I was amazed to find that over half of my money was refunded. Half of the service was provided for free, perhaps due to my age. At least it made me feel special, and I felt good on my way back home.

I checked online to see what mistakes we usually make when we’re happy and excited. I hadn’t experienced that level of excitement for about 15 years, so I needed to stay mindful throughout my trip to calm myself down.

It was obvious that I had received something I truly wanted and needed in my life for the very first time. My mind was overwhelmingly positive, and I worried about making wrong decisions, feeling too distracted to focus on my important tasks.

I realized I still have a few people in my life who genuinely share in my happiness, so I shared my positive news with them. I feel blessed to have them in my life.

I know both good and bad things will come and go, so I’m trying to ground myself and stabilize my mind. This is one of the five things that deter equanimity and one of the eight vicissitudes of human life. Well, I’m human, so I decided to enjoy it a little but am trying not to indulge too much.

This morning, when I woke up, I noticed I still had some excitement, but its intensity was fading. How long will this kind of thrill last?

Even though I want to maintain a positive and hopeful mindset, I don’t like feeling overly thrilled and excited for too long. I still feel like I’m not as mature as I’d like to be.

At least I’m aware of my current emotional state, and I’m grateful for that. Just recording a positive moment in my life.

Image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment