Sunday, October 6, 2024

Finding Joys in Silver Linings!

Today is a very good day because my blood pressure is going back to normal, and I do not need to take any additional medicines. Yesterday, it was almost normal but shot up one time, and I was really worried about that. The load I was feeling over my heart is also gone. I think I noticed and felt this only because I am more sensitive than the majority of the population. Anyway, I am embracing the moment and allowing myself to feel joy.

My brother sent a message that they will come to Phuket next month but not to the city where I am living. I am dying to meet them and am thinking about going there when they arrive. I have never been to Phuket, and I have not traveled to other places since I arrived, worrying about money. However, it will be a lot cheaper than flying to Singapore to meet them, and I am thinking about spending money for that matter. It's been a long time since we have seen each other in person. However, I have another trip around that time and am not sure I will really be able to do that.

Yesterday, I left my phone in my room to reduce my screen time and went to sit near the pool. I looked up, and the sky was cloudy, but there were lights around the clouds forming silver linings. Yes, I was focusing on the silver linings in the sky and also trying to focus on the silver linings in my life. I am learning to be happy on my own and with what I have and what I can get. My life is very far from perfect, but I am trying to embrace every aspect of it.

Last night, I went through a few videos raising awareness about menopause, and I heard Oprah say she could not sleep for two years. I am grateful that I can still sleep about five to six hours per night. I did have severe brain fog after my first encounter with COVID-19, but I think my daily meditation and regular physical activity removed it, at least for the time being. At least I know what it is like to live with brain fog. I forgot things, and I lost self-confidence at that time. I needed to hype myself to push through these periods and it was very difficult.

Anyway, I am fine today, and I feel that both my body and mind are even stronger than in my teenage years. I don't want to live to 100, but I want to stay as healthy as possible as long as I am alive. 

These are some of my random thoughts this early morning.

Image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment