Friday, October 4, 2024

Humbling Moment!

This is the third day I've needed to take a double dose of my blood pressure medication. I found my blood pressure was still high this morning, though not as high as yesterday, so I took the remaining half of the additional medication. I can’t buy half the amount of my usual dose here, so I've been taking the medication I brought from my home country. I'm now beginning to suspect the most recent batch I purchased. Could they be fake, or was there a mistake during production, leaving out the medication entirely or including a lower dosage? I plan to buy a new batch today just to be sure.

Thanks to the Flo app, I’ve also realized my hormones might be playing a role in this difficult-to-control blood pressure situation. At least I know things will return to normal soon. Yesterday, my blood pressure dropped around midday, and I was tempted to go out and finish what I needed to do. However, I knew it was dangerous, so I decided to stay in and do a little work instead. I also threw away some food that could affect my blood pressure.

Now, I understand what my priorities are. This is a very humbling moment. I read that parts of the city are flooding, and the roads are affected. Just like with health, natural disasters are beyond our control. Right now, my happiness depends entirely on my blood pressure. I can’t focus on or worry about anything else. I’m hopeful everything will return to normal soon. After that, I’ll try not to forget to take better care of myself, as I know that when things go smoothly for a long time, it's easy to forget again.

Just recording my thoughts from this morning.

Image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment