Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Misstep in Self-Care!

I used to have a lot of intense emotions, and I feel a bit weird that I do not feel them much these days. It may be due to age, or it may be due to the development of emotional muscles. Also, I am noticing the emotions I feel do not stay with me for long.

Even though I know all emotions are instantly happening and disappearing all the time during my meditation hour, I regard that continuous happening as a solid, continuous existence in my regular hours. Whenever I feel annoyed or angry with someone, I find myself thinking, "Well, humans are like that," and I notice my anger or disappointment disappears instantly. I feel lighter and happier, but I feel like I miss something familiar.

I found out about the 93-year-old model from a YouTube video and was really awed by her. I am 40 years younger than her, and I shouldn't think I am old enough. In my 30s, I saw someone who looked so young in her 40s, and I was thinking I could also be like her. I believe that inspiration made me look young in my early 40s. Now, I saw a 93-year-old who can inspire me to feel young. I believe our mind can do some magic to a certain extent, which is also known as the placebo effect.

Today, I need to be out all day, and my blood pressure is quite high. Maybe the food I ate from a Shan restaurant had a lot of monosodium glutamate, and I was also eating food from outside more than usual. I may have also missed one or two doses of my regular medicine. I don't remember. My sleep deprivation may also be a factor. It is just an occasional problem, but it is something I really need to worry about.

I cannot postpone my appointments today, and I am hoping it will decrease back to normal or near normal before I go out. I took an additional medicine to reduce it, and I also plan to meditate before going out.

This is a real problem, and I need to cook daily and stop indulging in outside foods. I need to be more careful not to miss my regular medicine. 

I am promising myself I will take better care of myself in the future and will not let that kind of thing happen again.

Image generated with AI

No comments:

Post a Comment